Home > Shelley and Wileman > Intarsio
The Intarsio range was introduced by Frederick Rhead in the late 1890's and continued when Walter Slater replaced him
as art director in 1905. Around 1910 a new series of Intarsio ware was introduced which reflected contemporary style.
Made from earthenware, designs have a transfer printed outline which was then hand enamelled with under-glaze colours.
In 1920 Walter Slater began production of colourful lustre ware and often pieces bear his facsimile signature.